Thursday, March 2, 2017

The traveler in me, How it all began?

Who wants to travel? I guess lahat tayo gusto, sino ba namang ayaw mag travel diba? For some traveling maybe a way to unwind, to escape reality and have a ME time
But for some Traveling is a PASSION.

My interest in traveling started way back in 2015, siguro mga last quarter of the year yun, when I traveled in Manila for a business trip, to cut the story short, I opted to stay in a Hostel, actually first time ko nun to stay in such accommodation, at first I was hesitant but I told myself why not give it a try? , it’s a new thing and a new experience as well, BOOM!,
 so yun nga, Nag-stay nga ako sa isang Hostel in our melting pot in Makati , Napaka Strategic nung location and napaka homy and the staff sobrang bait yung tipong pagkapasok mo pa lang ng pinto mafefeel mo talaga yung pag welcome nila sayo.
So yun nga pagdating ko siyempre check in tapos usap sa staff, with a bit of orientation and then one staff assisted me to my bed, after fixing my things I went out sa room para tumambay sa sala, at the opposite side, In a long dining table, andun ung ibang guests which I thought at first grupo sila, pero parang di rin, kasi iba-iba ang nationalities pero kung titingnan mo parang matagal ng magkakakilala, siyempre nag oobserve lang muna ako sa kanila, and eventually some of them started to have a conversation with me.  initially introduction ng sarili , san galing, anong pinunta sa Manila and when I got the chance to ask the same sa kanila, nalaman ko mga traveler pala sila (SOLOTRAVELER/BACKPACKER). 

Team YOLO (from Left to right: Olivia (USA), Kai (Ger)
Ross (Au), Lucas (Scot), Tedd & Hannah (Ir)
Yun na nga, I gained insights about traveling. Firstly, on how fulfilling it is to travel. Secondly, how they manage to travel. Thirdly, how they afford to travel (traveling maybe expensive but if you know how to budget and master the moves of a BUDGETARIAN TRAVELER then definitely you can survive, sustain and enjoy more the life of a traveler) and Lastly, their travel experiences (ang saya makinig sa mga kwento nila pero naisip ko MAS MASAYA kung ako mismo makakaexperience ng mga naexperience nila)  


From that spontaneous conversations with those adventurous young people I had realizations that:

v  We should enjoy life and the beauty of the World we lived in (Sceneries, tourist spots , nature, mountains, beaches, , festivals, culture & arts and most importantly the People)

v  We should live life full of experiences that will help us develop ourselves emotionally, psychologically and socially by then:

Ø  we will find inner peace
Ø  we will discover our strengths and weaknesses
Ø   we will gain human understanding by understanding ourselves and others especially people with different culture, background, beliefs and practices
Ø  We will get the chance to develop our interpersonal skills in interacting with people from all walks of life.

v  We must Live Life to the Fullest (YOLO) : yung tipong fulfilled ka, yung walang pagsisi na di mo nagawa o di mo sinubukang gawin, like stepping out from your comfort zone and have that brave heart and that burning passion to explore and experience the world.

And by all these reallizations, my #EDGEcapade began, where I travel to collect SOUVENIRS (experiences and memories) that I can keep and share with YOU.





Thank you for reading and keep coming back for my EDGEcapade stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment